Alcohol is the most commonly used addictive substance in the United States: 17.6 million people, or one in every 12 adults, suffer from alcohol abuse or dependence along with several million more who engage in risky, binge drinking patterns that could lead to alcohol problems.
What people don’t know and must understand is that Satan is real and he comes to kill, steal and destroy in your lives! John 10:10
If you don’t know what to look for, how to defend yourself and attack spiritually then Satan can easily set you up to fall. This can happen with your spouse cheating on you, abuse in marriage, the loss of a job, the death of a family member, the death of your child or even a divorce. In other words, it takes something dramatic in your life to happen to turn to alcohol…and when you turn to alcohol you basically turn yourself over to Satan instead of God.
Over time, excessive alcohol use, both in the form of heavy drinking or binge drinking, can lead to numerous health problems, chronic diseases, neurological impairments and social problems, including but not limited to:
- Dementia, stroke and neuropathy
- Cardiovascular problems, including myocardial infarction, cardiomyopathy, atrial fibrillation and hypertension
- Psychiatric problems, including depression, anxiety, and suicide
- Social problems, including unemployment, lost productivity, family problems, violence including child maltreatment, fights and homicide
- Unintentional injuries, such as motor-vehicle traffic crashes, falls, drowning, burns and firearm injuries.
- Increased risk for many kinds of cancers, including liver, mouth, throat, larynx (voice box) and esophagus
- Liver diseases, including fatty liver, alcoholic hepatitis, cirrhosis
- Gastrointestinal problems, including pancreatitis and gastritis
- Alcohol abuse or dependence – alcoholism.
Something people and many Christians don’t know is that Diseases, Sickness and Addictions are ALL caused by Demons and unclean spirits. Yes, you read that correctly! Do yourself a favor and do a Google search on “Demon Deliverance” or go to Youtube and find out more about what is inside of you and other people/family members you know.
This article is not to go deep into demon deliverance but it is very real and we are simply bringing it to your awareness. The world you live in is only temporary…we live in this world but we are not of this world.
More than half of all adults have a family history of alcoholism or problem drinking, and more than 7 million children live in a household where at least one parent is dependent on or has abused alcohol. We all need Jesus more than ever right now in our world.
Alcohol abuse and alcoholism can affect all aspects of a person’s life. Long-term alcohol use can cause serious health complications, can damage emotional stability, finances, career, and impact one’s family, friends and community. Most alcoholics will deny or hide the fact that they drink and it takes catching them in the act to truly see if they need help.
Facts About Alcohol:
- 88,000 deaths are annually attributed to excessive alcohol use
- Alcoholism is the 3rd leading lifestyle-related cause of death in the nation
- Excessive alcohol use is responsible for 2.5 million years of potential life lost annually, or an average of about 30 years of potential life lost for each death
- Up to 40% of all hospital beds in the United States (except for those being used by maternity and intensive care patients) are being used to treat health conditions that are related to alcohol consumption
It’s Satan’s plan to kill us off slowly or quickly. Satan does this through war, drugs, pharmaceutical drugs, poisons in your food, alcohol, pornography and thrives on giving you allergies, sickness and all types of diseases. He does this all through the sins you commit…through the sins that you may not even know are truly sins. That’s why he loves to stay hidden, think about it……think about how much people debate if God is real…when do you hear people debate if Satan is real?
Satan does his best to stay hidden and gets you to be angry at God when it’s God who wants to protect and save you but you keep committing the same sins. Satan blinds you from truth.
Alcoholism has little to do with what kind of alcohol one drinks, how long one has been drinking, or even exactly how much alcohol one consumes. But it has a great deal to do with a person’s uncontrollable need for alcohol. Most alcoholics can’t just “use a little willpower” to stop drinking. The alcoholic is frequently in the grip of a powerful craving for alcohol, a need that can feel as strong as the need for food or water. Many people who actually seek help in treatment centers never truly recover unless they bring God into the equation.
Pass this article on to someone who knows of a possible alcoholic. And if you received this article…God loves you and let that someone you care about know that God loves them so much. Don’t let that friend or loved one continue down a dangerous path…it’s time to be that shining light in a world full of darkness.